What are your rates for bus tours?
- All parties interested in Charter/Bus Tour pricing should contact Steve Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org. Smaller group tour pricing info can be found HERE
Are Tours for Cell Block 7 Still Available?
- No, The Cell Block 7 Tour is currently on hiatus. We are exploring the possibility of regaining access to Cell Block 7 and may return it to our tour rotation. Continue to check our website for the latest updates.
Can I book online?
- Yes, hit any book now button on the web page to find a calendar and the tours available throughout the season. Click on any tour listed for a further description and a price for that tour. All tours must be booked in advance before 5 PM the day before the tour. If it is late the day before, call 517-817-8960 to see if the tour is taking place and can be booked by phone.
Is there a lot of walking?
- (Moderate) At the Old Prison (Armory Arts Village), there are places to sit for those who can’t stand in each area we visit. You walk through the halls to get from place to place, and the distance is moderate.
- At the Old Prison (Armory Arts Village), to go to the old solitary area there are 10 stairs with railings on both sides. For those who can’t handle going up and down stairs, there are places to sit in the hallway above the area, and a guide remains with those who can’t walk the stairs and tells the tales being told in solitary. For those who have time and can walk, you may request to go outside and walk within the old prison wall and guard towers on the sidewalk path known as The Grand River Arts Walk.
Is it handicapped accessible?
- All venues visited are handicapped accessible. Except Solitary Confinement in the Old Prison.
Do you supply wheel chairs?
What should I wear?
- Dress casually with comfortable shoes.
Are Photos Permitted?
- You may take photos at all locations with the exception of Cell Block 7. Cameras and photography of any kind are not permitted at Cell Block 7.
How long is the tour?
- Bus Tours are custom designed for your convenience and last from 2 to 5 hours depending on the number of venues, lunch, etc.
- The Jacktown Double is 3 hours
- The Old Prison Tour and 7 Block tour are 2 hours.
Is lunch included in the tour? Do you cater to special dietary needs?
- Yes, lunch is included in the bus tours only. Gluten-free, vegetarian and diabetic needs are catered to.
What ages are recommended for the tour?
Where do we park?
- For Tour Buses there is public parking and no fee.
- For individuals there is free parking in the lot next to Armory Arts Village, 100 Armory Ct. where you gather for the tour.
How much does the tour cost?
- Call 517-817-8960 for rates.
Is there a Gift Shop?
- Yes we have a gift shop, and accept cash, checks & credit cards.